Last Updated: April 13, 2021
1. Collection of Information
• Information You Provide to Us
When you interact with the services or open an account, we ask you to provide certain information such as your name, age and zip code. We also collect information when you participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, or any other instance when you choose to provide information to us.
• Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as your interaction with our chatbot.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to data from organizations, or groups with similar objectives or goals, public court records and other publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services, such as to track Service usage and improve the Services. We may also use the information we collect to:
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
· Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent and illegal activities and protect the rights and property of CARPLS and others;
· Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user needs;
· If you apply for legal aid, match you with one of our legal service partners; and
· Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
· With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
· With one of our legal services partner organizations, if you apply for legal aid;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
Analytics Services Provided by Others
· If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of CARPLS or others;
· Between and among CARPLS and our partner organizations in order to provide, evaluate or improve the Services; and
· With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
CARPLS is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by interacting with the Services, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to CARPLS, 17 N. State St., Suite 1850, Chicago, Illinois 60602. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
With your consent, we may send alerts to your mobile device.
Illinois Eviction Help is a joint project of CARPLS Legal Aid, the Illinois Equal Justice Foundation, the State of Illinois, and other Illinois legal aid programs.